Christina Skye's Guide for Readers' Groups
Here is the guide for my newest book, CODE NAME: BABY. I also have guides available for my other CODE NAME books.
Many of you have been asking when I will venture back into the paranormal. I can't help but love my tough Navy SEALs, so instead of leaving one for the other, I decided to bring you something totally new—a sizzling Navy SEAL adventure with the hot men of the ultra secret Foxfire Team. These guys have skills that will blow you away.
First on the line up is cynical Navy SEAL Wolfe Houston, sent on a mission of national security to track down four genetically enhanced military service dogs. Guarding their furry backs 24/7 is going to take all of Wolfe's superior tactics. Meanwhile, the dogs' civilian trainer, Kit O'Halloran, doesn't suspect that deadly mercenaries are out to kidnap her charges. As they work together, Wolfe is fascinated by Kit's devotion to her puppies, especially Baby, the incorrigible runt of the litter. Then a foreign government posts a bounty for Kit's capture, and Wolfe realizes time has run out. Soon the two are on the run, forced to guess which of their secret contacts is a traitor. Only Baby can lead them through danger and straight into each other's arms.
I hope you can't put this one down! Here are ten discussion questions to get you started.
- Do the conditions at the beginning of the book surprise you? Do they make you sympathetic to the mercenary?
- How does Kit's life-long attraction to Wolfe make their situation even more difficult?
- How do you feel about siblings dating your best friends? What kind of complications would it present?
- In what way do the dogs influence Wolfe and Kit and how they see themselves?
- How does Wolfe's past contribute to his extraordinary military skills?
- What does Baby do that stuns Wolfe, making the SEAL question not only the dog's capabilities, but his own?
- What do you think was the riskiest thing Kit tried in the story? Would you have done the same?
- In what way is Wolfe different from his Foxfire teammate-turned-mercenary? In what ways are they the same?
- What do you think about the advances being made in science and medicine today? How far would you go? What do you think was Wolfe's best talent?
- Would you be willing to give up your identity for the powers given to the Foxfire Team? Why or why not?
Code Name: Baby is a Cosmo book club selection! Look for an adapted excerpt in the January '06 issue.